The Coalition on Human Needs will host a briefing that will include an evidence-based discussion of effective and ineffective anti-poverty programs. The discussion will include analysis of how the House Republican anti-poverty plan fits into this framework. (See related article on the House GOP plan in this Memo to Members.) NLIHC is cosponsoring the event.
The briefing will be held on June 16 from 1-3 pm ET at the Capitol Visitors Center, room HVC 215, and will also be live-streamed.
- Deborah Weinstein, Coalition on Human Needs
- Olivia Golden, Center for Law and Social Policy
- Melissa Boteach, Center for American Progress
- Liz Schott, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Elizabeth Lower-Basch, Center for Law and Social Policy
- Jim Weill, Food Research and Action Center
- David Bowers, Enterprise Community Partners, Inc.
- Sarita Gupta, Jobs With Justice
Register at: http://www.chn.org/what-works-to-fight-poverty/