The November 4 midterm elections are fast approaching. Your organization can still be involved in educating voters and candidates about housing issues.
Join us on Monday, September 8, at 2:00 pm ET for “Mobilization: Getting Out the Vote.”
Building on our two previous webinars that discussed voter registration and education, the final webinar will describe strategies for getting low income voters and their allies to the polls on election day.The agenda will include:
- A brief review of Voterization and the role voter mobilization plays in the process.
- Ideas on how to effectively maintain and utilize a voter contact list.
- An overview of effective communication strategies for talking with residents, clients, and the wider public about getting to the polls.
- Early voting and vote by mail campaigns.
- Voter mobilization activities for election day, such as phone banking and coordinating rides to the polls.
- Legal considerations for nonprofit staff and organizations.
- An opportunity to ask questions of staff and to share best practices.
In two weeks, Congress will head back to home districts for the final stretch of campaign season. It is essential that candidates know that housing is an important election issue.
Register for the webinar at http://bit.ly/RlKMpt.
The previous webinar recordings and presentation slides are at http://nlihc.org/library/voterization.
To participate in Voterization activities, contact NLIHC’s Field Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.