HUD’s Office of Community Planning and Development posted waivers of eight HOME program regulations for local participating jurisdictions (PJs) in counties declared disaster areas as a result of Super Storm Sandy. The waivers also apply to the state participating jurisdictions of Connecticut, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island.
The waivers are as follows:
- The 15% set aside for Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs) is removed for FY11 and FY12 HOME allocations.
- Tenant selection policies and procedures are suspended for one year.
- Families being assisted by HOME for the first time may self-certify that they are income eligible.
- Instead of meeting HOME’s property standards, PJs may simply meet state and local health and safety codes.
- Local match contributions are waived for FY13 and FY14.
- PJs may use up to 20% of their HOME allocation for administration (up from 10%).
- Maximum per-unit subsidy limits are lifted for two years.
- Homeownership housing maximum value/sales price limit for two years.