HUD’s Office of Community Planning and Development (CPD) is providing an additional means for the public to be aware of the funding amounts various CPD programs received, obligated, and still available for each city, county, and state over the most recent three years. Information is provided in a tabular format (“matrix”), with the most recent year’s information shown using a graph and pie chart (“dashboard”).
CPD administers the following programs: Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), HOME, Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG), Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA), Continuum of Care (CoC, formerly the McKinney programs), Disaster Recovery Assistance, and Section 108 Loan Guarantees. It also administers several short-term stimulus programs: Neighborhood Stabilization Programs (NSP), Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-housing Program (HPRP), and Tax Credit Allocation Program (TCAP).
The CPD Cross-Program Funding Matrix and Dashboard is at http://www.hud.gov/offices/cpd/about/fundingmatrix.
Over the years, CPD has provided information for most of its programs separately and continues to do so, offering greater detail than the new summary matrix and dashboard in the following:
- CPD allocations for formula programs: http://www.hud.gov/offices/cpd/about/budget/budget11/index.cfm.
o Reports webpage, http://www.hud.gov/offices/cpd/affordablehousing/reports. See especially:
- PJs Open Activities reports, http://www.hud.gov/offices/cpd/affordablehousing/reports/open.
- PJs Dashboard reports, http://www.hud.gov/offices/cpd/affordablehousing/reports/dash.cfm.
- PJs Snapshot reports, http://www.hud.gov/offices/cpd/affordablehousing/programs/home/snapshot/index.cfm?qr=4q11.
- ESG: none.
o Snapshot reports, http://hudnsphelp.info/index.cfm?do=viewSnapshotHome.
o Weekly Commitment and Expenditure reports, http://hudnsphelp.info/index.cfm?do=viewFindaResourceDetails&resourceID=993.
- TCAP: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/recovery/programs/tax. See activities reports and snapshot reports.
- Disaster Recovery Assistance: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/comm_planning/communitydevelopment/programs/drsi/activegrantee.
- Section 108: none.