HUD’s Office of Multifamily Housing Programs provided the numbers of HUD-assisted properties and units in disaster-affected areas in Texas, Florida, Georgia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and California, as well as the number of on-site disaster assessments that have been completed in Texas, Florida, and California as of October 31.
The numbers provided by HUD:
- 454 properties in the impacted area
- 51,072 units in the impacted area
- 20,971 assisted units in the impacted area
- All on-site assessments have been completed
- 910 properties
- 106,513 total units
- 45,902 assisted units
- 90+ on-site property assessments completed with 30 scheduled
- 62 properties
- 5,249 total units
- 2,874 assisted units
- 203 properties
- 21,013 total units
- 19,859 assisted units
- No on-site assessments completed. The disaster teams have had difficulty contacting properties and obtaining access to them. HUD anticipates the teams will begin assessments in in mid- to late-November.
- 17 properties
- 1,474 total units
- 1,468 assisted units
- 176 properties
- 14,024 total units
- 8,454 assisted units
- 85% of preliminary assessments completed. Only 3 properties have reported damage, which is minor and due to smoke, not fire.