HUD’s Office of Recapitalization is hosting a webinar regarding properties with maturing mortgages assisted by the Section 236 program. The purpose of the webinar is to provide information on how to preserve the affordability and physical condition of Section 236 buildings, including both HUD-insured and Housing Finance Agency-insured mortgages.
The webinar will cover:
- How to start preservation planning for a Section 236 property,
- Financing considerations, including mortgage prepayment, IRP decoupling, and Flexible Subsidy Loan deferral,
- Rental assistance options, including Section 8 contract renewal, Tenant Protection Vouchers, and RAD 2nd Component,
- How to apply for HUD preservation-related approvals, and
- How HUD can help support an owner through the preservation process.
The webinar is intended for owners, board members, consultants, and others involved in the oversight of properties with Section 236 mortgages.