At its meeting on April 26, the NLIHC Board of Directors reelected eight members to additional three year terms, and elected its officers and at-large Executive Committee for the 2014-2015 term.
Elected to their second three year terms were:
• Bill Apgar, Joint Center on Housing Studies at Harvard, at-large position
• David Bowers, Enterprise Community Partners, national position
• Lot Diaz, National Council of La Raza, national position
• Chris Estes, National Housing Conference, at-large position
• Daisy Franklin. Publicly-Assisted Housing Resident Network, CT, low income leader position
• Martha Weatherspoon, Lincoln Home Resident Council, TN, low income leader position
Elected to their third three year terms were:
• Brenda Clement, Citizens’ Housing and Planning Association, MA, state coalition position
• Lisa Hasegawa, National Coalition for Asian Pacific American Community Development, national position
Brenda Clement was elected Chair of the Board replacing Mark Allison, who ended his second term as Chair. Greg Payne of the Maine Affordable Housing Coalition and Marla Newman of the Louisiana Housing Alliance were elected First and Second Vice Chairs respectively. Christine Allamanno of St. Petersburg, FL and Moises Loza of the Housing Assistance Council were reelected to their respective positions as Secretary and Treasurer. Lisa Hasegawa was reelected to another term as an at-large member of the Executive Committee. Matt Gerard of the Minneapolis High Rise Resident Council was elected to his first term as an at-large member.
Mark Allison will complete the final year of his third three year term on the board, but elected to step down as chair because he now heads the New Mexico Wilderness Alliance and is less involved in housing. Leonard Williams, of the Kenfield-Langfield Resident Council in Buffalo, NY, stepped down from the Executive Committee due to health problems, but continues to serve on the board.
The annual meeting of the National Low Income Housing Coalition was held at the opening plenary of IMAGINE: NLIHC’s 2014 Housing Policy Conference. The results of the election were announced by Brenda Clement, Chair of the Nominating Committee. Treasurer Moises Loza gave a report NLIHC finances in 2013. Board Member Marcie Cohen paid tribute to outgoing Chair Mark Allison. Chris Allamanno led a series of presentations about what the board does and how the board is structured to represent NLIHC’s multiple constituencies. The annual meeting closed with a question and answer session with the assembled NLIHC members.