The National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC) is seeking candidates for two positions.
The first is for the Chief Operating Officer (COO). The COO oversees the day-to-day functioning of NLIHC. The COO ensures that the financial, development, field, communication, and administrative functions of NLIHC support NLIHC policies and achieve the goals and objectives established by the Board of Directors. Working with the President/Chief Executive Officer and the Senior Vice President for Policy, the COO manages the achievement of the annual operating plan, on time and within the approved budget. The COO has substantial interaction with the NLIHC Board and represents NLIHC to many stakeholders. The COO directly supervises four positions.
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of ten years of management experience and highly developed management skills. Demonstrated skills in non-profit financial management and fund development, an advanced degree in related field, and commitment to social justice are required. Experience in housing or homeless advocacy is a plus.
The second position is the Graphic Design & Web Manager, who will conceive, design, and produce print and digital materials for all areas of NLIHC’s work and manage the organization’s websites. Qualified candidates will have an understanding of NLIHC’s mission and inspired knowledge of how strategic communications help an advocacy organization achieve its goals.
The Graphic Design & Web Manager reports to the Communications Director and is a member of or the manager of multiple projects.
Requirements and Skills
- Demonstrated command of latest Adobe Creative Suite software, especially InDesign and Photoshop, and all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Expert knowledge of branding, layout, color theory, and typography.
- Demonstrated ability to execute a design and brand aesthetic for print, video, web, and social media.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, establish workload priorities, and meet established goals amidst competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Basic skills with Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms for organizational use preferred.
- Basic HTML and/or Drupal coding skills preferred.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Capwiz, or Wufoo preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in design, communications, or related field.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to social justice.
- Experience working on housing or homeless advocacy is a plus.
Both positions are based in Washington, DC. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. NLIHC offers a competitive compensation package.
NLIHC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
To apply for the COO position, send a cover letter with salary requirement, resume, and two writing samples to President, National Low Income Housing Coalition, 727 15th Street, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, DC 20005 or email to Christina Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for the Graphic Design & Web Manager position, send a cover letter with salary requirement, resume, two design samples, and one writing sample to Communications Director, National Low Income Housing Coalition, 727 15th Street, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, DC 20005 or email to Christina Reyes at email@example.com.