The National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC) is seeking candidates for the position of a Graphic Design and Web Manager, who will conceive, design, and produce print and digital materials for all areas of NLIHC’s work and manage the organization’s websites. Qualified candidates will have an understanding of NLIHC’s mission and inspired knowledge of how strategic communications help an advocacy organization achieve its goals.
The Graphic Design and Web Manager reports to the Communications Director and is a member of or the manager of multiple projects.
Requirements and Skills
- Demonstrated command of latest Adobe Creative Suite software, especially InDesign and Photoshop, and all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Expert knowledge of branding, layout, color theory, and typography.
- Demonstrated ability to execute a design and brand aesthetic for print, video, web, and social media.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, establish workload priorities, and meet established goals amidst competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Basic skills with Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms for organizational use preferred.
- Basic HTML and/or Drupal coding skills preferred.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Capwiz, or Wufoo preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in design, communications, or related field.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to social justice.
- Experience working on housing or homeless advocacy is a plus.
The position is based in Washington, DC. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. NLIHC offers a competitive compensation package.
NLIHC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
To apply, send a cover letter with salary requirement, resume, two design samples, and one writing sample to the Communications Director, National Low Income Housing Coalition, 727 15th Street, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, DC 20005 or email to Christina Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org.