NLIHC is accepting resumes for fall 2015 internship positions. Interns are highly valued and fully integrated into our staff work. We seek students passionate about social justice issues, with excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
The available positions are:
- Policy Intern. Tracks new legislation, attends and summarizes Congressional hearings for Memo to Members, participates in visits to Congressional offices, and develops materials for use in lobbying the House and Senate to accomplish NLIHC’s policy agenda. Updates the Congressional database.
- Organizing Intern. Assists with grassroots organizing efforts for the United for Homes campaign and other legislative campaigns. Assists with membership recruitment/retention efforts and internal database upkeep.
- Research Intern. Assists in ongoing quantitative and qualitative research projects, writes weekly articles on current research for Memo to Members, attends briefings, and responds to research inquiries.
- Communications/Media Intern. Assists in planning for the National Low Income Housing Coalition's annual media awards, prepares and distributes press materials, assists with media research and outreach for publication releases, and works on social media projects. Maintains the media database and tracks press hits.
- Graphic Design Intern. Assists with sending out e-communications using MailChimp, revising collateral print material such as brochures, flyers, factsheets, updating content on the NLIHC website, and posting information on the Coalition’s Social Media sites and blog.
These positions begin in late August or early September and run until December and are at least 30 hours a week. Two semester placements are possible. NLIHC provides modest stipends.
A cover letter, resume, and writing sample are required for consideration. In your cover letter, please specify the position(s) for which you applying and that you are interested in a fall 2015 internship.
Interested students should send their materials to: Paul Kealey, Chief Operating Officer, National Low Income Housing Coalition, 1000 Vermont Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20005. Or, send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org