The housing of the lowest income Americans is often in peril when a natural disaster strikes. NLIHC returns to regular disaster housing-related coverage in Memo as a way of tracking the impact of Super Storm Sandy on housing, monitoring the federal response and providing resources that will help affected readers recover.
Click here to learn more about NLIHC’s position on housing policy after a disaster.
The following are links to general information about natural disasters, and Super Storm Sandy in particular, from various federal agencies.
- USA.gov Hurricane Sandy page
- FEMA “Help After a Disaster” guide (available in 19 languages)
- FEMA Hurricane Sandy page
- FEMA housing locator portal
- HUD general disaster resources page
- HUD Office of Community Planning and Development (CPD) disaster page
- HUD Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO) disaster page
- HUD Office of Public and Indian Housing (PIH) disaster page