Register this week for the 2015 Housing Legislative Forum to secure the early bird rates!
Early bird registration now will close on Friday, February 6.
Keynote speakers will be The Honorable Julián Castro, Secretary, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, and Darren Walker, President of the Ford Foundation.
The line-up of other confirmed speakers includes:
Leading researchers on the connection between housing and the human condition:
- Stephanie Ettinger De Cuba, Children’s HealthWatch
- Matthew Desmond, Harvard University
- Ingrid Gould Ellen, The Furman Center, New York University Wagner School
National homeless and affordable housing thought-leaders:
- Nan Roman, National Alliance to End Homelessness
- Barbara Sard, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Ali Solis, Enterprise Community Partners
- Joe Ventrone, National Association of Realtors
- Mark Calabria, Cato Institute
Leadership from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development:
- Jemine Bryon, Acting Assistant Secretary, Office of Public and Indian Housing
- Benjamin Metcalf, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Multifamily Housing Programs, Office of Housing
- Marion Mollegen McFadden, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Grant Programs, Office of Community Planning and Development
- Gustavo Velasquez, Assistant Secretary for Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
Housing authorizers, tax writers, budgeters, and appropriators from Capitol Hill:
- Adam Carasso, Minority Staff, Senate Finance Committee
- Meaghan McCarthy, Minority Staff, Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Jason Woolwine, Majority Staff, Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- More TBA
The forum will be held on March 1-3, 2015 at the Washington Court Hotel in Washington DC.
A block of rooms has been reserved for attendees at the Washington Court Hotel. Reservations at the group rate will be open until February 13. Hotel scholarships are available for NLIHC low income members who are self-paying on a first-come, first serve basis. Contact Christine Campbell 202-662-1530 x247 or email@example.com.
The Annual Housing Leadership Awards Reception will cap off three days of activities on the evening of March 3, 2015, also at the Washington Court Hotel. Dr. William Apgar will be honored with the Cushing Niles Dolbeare Lifetime Service Award, and OMB Director and former HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan will be honored with the Edward W. Brooke Housing Leadership Award.
Please register today!
- Click Here to Register for the Forum.
- Click Here to Download the Latest Forum Agenda.
- Click Here to Register for Hotel Rooms.
- Click Here to Sponsor the Leadership Reception.
For more information, please contact Christine Campbell 202-662-1530 x247 or firstname.lastname@example.org