The new campaign, coordinated by the Coalition for Human Needs, aims to prevent loss of economic security due to Congress’ threatened cuts in federal funding for human needs programs. SAVE will advocate maintaining the federal capacity to spur economic recovery and progress for the benefit of all.
The group crafted a statement of principles that call on the Obama administration and Congress to:
· Protect low and moderate income people in budget and deficit reduction proposals by opposing cuts in or the elimination of effective services, while supporting expansions necessary to respond to growing need,
· Prevent multi-year appropriations caps that force harsh reductions in domestic and human needs services,
· Prevent damaging structural changes in essential human needs programs,
· Reject efforts to adopt a constitutional amendment to balance the federal budget,
· Support deficit reduction plans that include additional revenues drawn from equitable sources, and
· Oppose rules and statutory changes that favor tax cuts over important domestic investments.
View the principles and sign on: http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/125/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=5703