On June 12, NLIHC held the first in a series of Voterization webinars, "Voter Registration and the Challenge of Voter Suppression." A recording of the webinar presentations and accompanying slides are now available on NLIHC’s website.
The webinar covered a range of topics related to nonprofits and voter engagement efforts, including:
- A brief overview of voter suppression and its impact on renters and people with low incomes.
- A complete walkthrough of NLIHC’s Voterization Plan that will help organizations develop a comprehensive strategy for registration, education, and mobilization activities.
- A breakdown of activities that are or are not allowed for 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
- A tutorial on how to use a new online voter registration widget developed by Rock the Vote.
- An overview of additional resources available to help with voter registration efforts in your state.
The recorded webinar and presentation slides are available at: http://nlihc.org/library/voterization