NLIHC will hold a briefing on Tuesday, March 13 for Congressional staff on the President’s FY13 budget request for HUD programs serving extremely low income (ELI) households. The briefing will be from 10:00 to 11:00am in Room SC-6 of the Capitol.
In addition to representatives from NLIHC, staff from the National Alliance to End Homelessness, the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, and the National Housing Trust will present.
Panelists will discuss recommended programmatic funding levels for FY13 appropriations and the potential impact of numerous policy changes proposed in the President’s budget, including changes to minimum rents, merging public housing capital and operating funds, the Rental Assistance Demonstration and other provisions.
Participants will receive state- and district-level housing information including:
- FY13 funding need for ELI programs.
- New district and state level data on ELI households.
- State fact sheets on housing utilization.
- Local data on number of people experiencing homelessness.
- New data on the housing gap for ELI households.
Advocates should encourage the housing staffers for your Representative and Senators to attend.
RSVP to email@example.com.