Make a nomination today for the NLIHC 2018 Annual Organizing Awards, recognizing outstanding achievement during 2017 in statewide, regional, citywide, neighborhood, and/or resident organizing that furthers NLIHC’s mission of achieving socially just public policy to ensure people with the lowest incomes in the U.S. have affordable and decent homes. The NLIHC Organizing Awards will be presented at the NLIHC 2018 Housing Policy Forum, March 19-21, 2018 at the Washington Court Hotel in Washington, D.C. Special consideration will be given to nominations that incorporate tenant- or resident-centered organizing. Nominations for the awards are due by 5:00 pm E.T. on Friday, January 12, 2018. Apply today!
An Organizing Awards Committee composed of NLIHC board members and previous award winners will determine this year’s honorees. One award will recognize statewide or regional achievements, and one award will recognize citywide or neighborhood achievements. NLIHC will provide two representatives of each honored organization a complimentary Forum registration, 2-3 nights of hotel accommodation, and transportation to Washington, D.C. to accept their award.
To be eligible, nominated organizations must be current NLIHC members. Organizations may self-nominate. NLIHC board members and Award Committee members may not nominate an organization with which they are employed or affiliated.
Nominations should contain the following information:
- Name and contact information of the organization being nominated;
- Name and contact information of the individual or organization submitting the nomination (if different from above);
- Scope of the achievement being nominated (i.e., statewide, regional, citywide, neighborhood, and/or resident organizing);
- Description of the organization’s achievement in the area of state, local and/or resident organizing in 2017, and how that achievement has contributed to furthering NLIHC’s mission (800-word maximum); and
- Supporting materials that describe the activity or impact, such as press clips or campaign materials (optional).