NLIHC continues its three-part Voterization webinar series designed to help advocates and service providers carry out effective voter engagement programs. The second webinar, “Educating Voters and Candidates on Housing Issues,” will take place on Thursday, July 24, at 2:00 pm ET.
Advocates and service providers will learn how they can legally and effectively educate voters and candidates about housing issues as the November 4 midterm elections approach. The agenda will include:
- A brief overview of Voterization and the role voter and candidate education plays in the process.
- A discussion of housing as an election issue.
- The law and general guidelines for being nonpartisan as a 501(c)(3) organization.
- An overview of events and materials that may be used to educate voters and candidates.
- Examples of permissible candidate questionnaires, legislative scorecards, and candidate fora.
- An opportunity to ask questions of staff and discuss best practices.
With the entire House of Representatives and 36 Senate seats up for election on November 4, it is important that those elected to the next Congress understand the connection between housing issues and the votes of their constituents.
Register for the webinar at: http://bit.ly/1ktyHJ5
The recorded webinar and presentation slides from the first webinar, “Voter Registration and the Challenge of Voter Suppression” are available at: http://nlihc.org/library/voterization
To participate in Voterization activities, contact NLIHC’s Field Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.