The Coalition for Human Needs and the Community Action Partnership will conduct a webinar on Thursday, September 11, to help advocates access and use new poverty data that the U.S. Census Bureau will release on September 16 and 18.
The free webinar will discuss what the new data will likely show about poverty, income, health insurance, and other topics. Participants will also learn how to access and use national, state, and local data.
The webinar will take place Thursday, September 11, 2:00 pm – 3:15 pm ET (11:00 am PT)
- Jared Bernstein, Senior Fellow, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.
Jared is an economist and frequent commentator on CNBC and MSNBC, in the New York Times, and through his blog, On the Economy. From 2009 – 2011, Jared was the Chief Economist and Economic Advisor to Vice President Joe Biden.
- Deborah Weinstein, Executive Director, Coalition on Human Needs.
Debbie has been analyzing Census data for decades, at CHN and previously at the Children’s Defense Fund. She specializes in helping advocates understand how to use the information quickly and accurately.
Registrants will receive:
- A full recording of the webinar and its slides,
- Tables with state data from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities as soon as data are released,
- Links to key Census Bureau materials showing each state’s trends in poverty, health coverage, income, unemployment, educational attainment, and use of benefits,
- Links to timely analyses of the data from expert organizations, and
- Sample letters to the editor and key points to incorporate in letters, blogs, or other pieces.
Those unable to join on September 11 are encouraged to register in order to receive all related follow-up materials and the link to the on-demand training as soon as it is available.
Register for “The New Poverty Data: Using it to Show What Works (and What Doesn’t) to Reduce Poverty” at http://bit.ly/1pcEReW
For more information contact Joanna Sandager at email@example.com