PolicyLink, the Corporation for Enterprise Development (CFED), and the Asset Funders Network are hosting a webinar “Who Benefits from Federal Tax Subsidies?” discussing federal tax subsidies and their effect on wealth and income inequality. This one-hour webinar is at 2 pm ET on Thursday, December 4.
The federal tax code contains more than $1 trillion in tax subsidies, of which $540 billion support forms of savings such as retirement savings, or investment such as higher education and homeownership. Most of the benefits of these subsidies go to wealthy households.
The webinar will feature data and analysis from CFED, PolicyLink, and the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center, exploring who benefits from federal tax expenditure by income, race, ethnicity, and zip code. The webinar will also discuss how tax policy proposals could expand savings and investment for low income households and households of color.
Speakers will be:
- Lewis Brown Jr., Senior Associate, PolicyLink
- Amanda Feinstein, Senior Program Officer, Walter & Elise Haas Fund & Steering Committee Member, Asset Funders Network
- Jeremie Greer, Director of Government Affairs, CFED
- Benjamin H. Harris, Fellow and Hamilton Project Policy Director, Brookings Institution
- Heather McCulloch, Director, Tax Policy Project (moderator)