The National Housing Law Project (NHLP) will conduct a webinar about the “Streamlining Rule” issued in March (see Memo, 3/7). The rule revised regulations governing many federal housing programs, including public housing, the Housing Choice voucher program, and project-based Section 8 multifamily housing program. The webinar will be held on Thursday, June 23 at 2:00 pm ET.
Presenters will help residents and advocates learn whether their local public housing agency (PHA) or private Section 8 owner is in compliance with these regulatory changes and how they can effectively advocate given the changes.
The webinar will discuss:
- Whether a PHA is required to provide copies of grievance hearing decisions.
- Whether the procedure for requesting a reasonable accommodation for a payment standard up to 120% of the fair market rent has been simplified.
- What happens if a household began receiving the earned income disregard (EID) prior to publication of the streamlining rule?
- PHAs’ quarterly utility reimbursement.
- Deborah Thrope, Staff Attorney, NHLP
- Stephen Knight, Interim Co-Executive Director, NHLP
Register for the webinar at: http://bit.ly/1WFpIsX