The Homeless Veteran National Advocacy Working Group, of which NLIHC is a member, scheduled a briefing, “Discretionary Budget Cuts’ Impact on Veterans,” for December 6.
The briefing will feature the following speakers:
- Shauna Curley, formerly homeless veteran in a HUD-funded program at Community Connections.
- Michael DeHart of Community Connections.
- Antonia Fasanelli of the American Bar Association Commission on Homelessness and Poverty.
- Jonathan Harwitz, Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy and Programs, HUD.
- Ian Lisman of the National Alliance to End Homelessness.
- Doug Rice of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.
Speakers will discuss the unintended consequences of sequestration as related to programs that serve veterans experiencing homelessness, and will advocate for a balanced approach to deficit reduction that will not undermine progress made towards the Obama administration’s goal of ending homelessness among veterans by 2015.
The briefing will be held at 2 pm in room 418 of the Russell Senate office building.
Readers can RSVP to Ian Lisman at email@example.com.