NHTF Implementation Information and Resources
The first National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF) dollars are available for your state. Learn how you can be on the forefront of securing these funds for your community.
(If you would like to print any of these pdfs, you will have better results if you download the pdfs to your desktop, open the pdf in Acrobat Reader, and print from Acrobat. To download Acrobat Reader, click here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/)
- Model NHTF Allocation Plan (PDF)
The Model NHTF Allocation Plan—based on the requirements in the statute that created the NHTF and on the interim regulations implementing the statute—will assist you in your advocacy efforts as your State NHTF Administrating Entity begins to draft their NHTF Allocation Plan.
- State Allocation Plan Information
Find out who the NLIHC Point Persons and the State Designated Entities are for HTF implementation in your state.
- NHTF Allocation Plan Webinar Slides (PDF)
Powerpoint Slides from the most recent NHTF Implementation Webinar.
- NHTF Allocation Plan Webinar Video Recording (WMV)
Video recording from the February 29, 2016 NHTF Implementation Webinar.
- Stay Connected: Get the latest information on NHTF Implementation delivered straight to your inbox. Click here to sign up for updates!
- See What’s Planned: Check out the NHTF Implementation Calendar Below to find out about events and updates! See what NHTF implementation activities and events are planned for this month and the months ahead.
NHTF Implementation Webinars
Webinar on Financing and Operating Affordable Housing for Extremely Low Income Households — Originally aired August 15, 2016
This is a webinar for advocates and developers on options and considerations related to financing and operating affordable housing for extremely low income (ELI) households - those with incomes at or below 30% of the area median income. Developing rental units affordable to ELI households without relying on vouchers can be very challenging. NLIHC’s national Housing Trust Fund (HTF) Developer Advisory Group recently published two briefs on strategies for funding ELI housing and on options and considerations related to using operating assistance and operating assistance reserves for HTF projects to achieve 30-year ELI affordability without depending on vouchers. HTF requires that at least 80% of a state’s allocation must be used to produce, rehabilitate, or preserve rental housing, that 100% of a state’s allocation in 2016 must benefit ELI households, and that HTF-assisted units must remain affordable for at least 30 years. Learn how this can be accomplished and what the pitfalls are.
- Click Here to View the Powerpoint Slides (PDF)
- Click Here to View the Recording of the Webinar (MP4)
Watch Implementation Videos (5 Part Series):
Our Senior Adviser Ed Gramlich will help you to navigate the regulations behind the National Housing Trust Fund. This five-part series will explain why the National Housing Trust Fund is necessary; explore why the focus is on extremely low income renters; provide detailed information on how the funds will be distributed to states; describe how the funds can be used; and demonstrate how a portion of the NHTF can be used for affordable homeownership. To watch all five parts of the informational videos, click here: http://nlihc.org/issues/nhtf/videos.
- National Housing Trust Fund Grantees: State Agencies and State-Designated Entities https://www.hudexchange.info/programs/htf/grantees
- Find your state’s Consolidated Plan: https://www.hudexchange.info/consolidated-plan/con-plans-aaps-capers
- HUD HTF Allocation Plan Guidance, Notice CPD-16-07: Guidance for HTF Grantees on FY 2016 HTF Allocation Plans
- HUD HTF FAQs, https://www.hudexchange.info/resource/4420/htf-faqs
- HUD Sample HTF Allocation Plan Form, https://www.hudexchange.info/resource/5037/housing-trust-fund-allocation-plan-sample-form
- HUD Notifications Instructions: How States Should Notify HUD Which Agency Will Administer the State's HTF
- HUD’s HTF Website, https://www.hudexchange.info/programs/htf