The National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF) is a dedicated fund intended to provide revenue to build, preserve, and rehabilitate housing for people with the lowest incomes. The NHTF will provide communities with funds to build, preserve, and rehabilitate rental homes that are affordable for extremely and very low income households.
2016 Allocation Plan & Implementation
The first National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF) dollars will be available early this year. Be on the forefront of securing these funds for your community. Learn More>>
- Model NHTF Allocation Plan (PDF)
- NHTF Allocation Plan Webinar Slides (PDF)
- NHTF Implementation Webinar Video from February 29, 2016 (WMV)
- NHTF Allocation Plan Fact Sheet (Coming Soon)
- NHTF Implementation Timeline (PDF)
- State Resources (Coming Soon)
- Developer Resources (PDF)
- NLIHC's Estimated 2016 NHTF State Allocations (PDF)
- HUD’s Official List of State Agencies Designated to Administer the NHTF
- What is the NHTF/Key differences between the NHTF and the HOME (PDF)
- National Housing Trust Fund: Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Getting to Know the NHTF Regulations (PDF)
- Stay Connected: Get the latest information on NHTF Implementation delivered straight to your inbox. Click here to sign up for updates!