Register for the April 3-5 NLIHC Housing Policy Forum by March 4 to take advantage of the early bird registration discount! This year’s forum features U.S. Senator Tim Kaine (D-VA), former U.S. Representative Barney Frank, researcher and author Kathryn Eden, Washington Post writer Emily Badger, and many others. The Forum will also be an opportunity to celebrate the leadership of long-time NLIHC President and CEO Sheila Crowley, who is retiring in April, and to welcome the Coalition’s incoming President and CEO Diane Yentel.
Featured Sessions at this year’s Policy Forum include:
- Housing and Criminal Justice Reform with U.S. Senator Tim Kaine (VA-D);
- Reflections on $2 a Day: Living on Almost Nothing in America, with the book’s author, Kathryn Edin;
- Discussion on the findings from The Family Options Study: Short-Term Impacts of Housing and Services Interventions for Homeless Families, with the report’s lead researcher, Marybeth Shinn;
- Housing in the Media with Washington Post writer, Emily Badger;
- Affordable Housing Past, Present and Future with NLIHC President and CEO Sheila Crowley and Incoming NLIHC President and CEO Diane Yentel;
- Housing in the 2016 Elections;
- Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing;
- National Housing Trust Fund Implementation;
- A Dinner Celebration of Retiring NLIHC President and CEO Sheila Crowley with former U.S. Representative Barney Frank;
- Low Income Resident Session on Section 3, RAD, and the preservation-mobility balance under AFFH;
- And much more.
HUD Secretary Julián Castro has also been invited to address the Forum.
Special Session for Low Income Residents: This year’s Forum will feature a special three-hour session for low-income residents that will cover Section 3, RAD, Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing and the balance between mobility and preservation, and a new online platform for residents to share with and learn from one another. The session will take place on Sunday, April 3 from 9 am to 12 noon. If you are a low-income resident who is attending the Forum, please plan on arriving no later than 9 am on Sunday, April 3 to take advantage of this session.
2016 NLIHC Leadership Reception: On the evening of Tuesday, April 5, NLIHC will host its annual Leadership Reception. This year’s honorees will be:
- Representative Barbara Lee (D-CA), who will receive the 2016 Edward W. Brooke Housing Leadership Award, and
- Nancy Bernstine, retired Executive Director of the National AIDS Housing Coalition and former NLIHC Board Member, who will receive the 2016 Cushing N. Dolbeare Lifetime Service Award.
For more information about the Forum and Leadership Reception, go to: http://nlihc.org/events/forum
Registration for the Forum and Leadership Reception is available at: http://nlihc.org/events/forum/registration