Representatives Jenniffer González Colón (R-PR) and Nydia Velázquez (D-NY) are co-sponsoring a panel discussion with the Youth Development Institute of Puerto Rico on the condition of Puerto Rico children after Hurricane Maria. RSVP here to attend the event on September 25 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. EDT in the Cannon House Office Building, Room 340, in Washington.
The discussion will include a presentation of initial findings from a study on the impact of the hurricane on children, recommendations on increasing youth employment, and a discussion of mental health interventions for children after the hurricane.
- Dr. Maria Enchautegui, economist and acting dean of the Department of Economics at the University of Puerto Rio, Rio Piedras Campus.
- Anitza Cox, MA, JD, director of analysis and social policy for Estudios Técnicos.
- John Martinez, director of program development for MDRC.
- Dr. Gustavo J. Bobonis, economist, University of Toronto Puerto Rico Self Sufficiency Project
- Jeanne-Aimee De Marrais, senior advisor for US emergencies, Save the Children.