The NLIHC-led Disaster Housing Recovery Coalition (DHRC) is hosting a virtual press/congressional briefing on November 15 on the federal government’s response to recent disasters – including Hurricanes Maria, Harvey, Florence, and Michael and the wildfires in California – and the disasters’ impact on the immediate and long-term housing recovery needs of the lowest income survivors and their communities.
This event is open to members of Congress, the press, DHRC members, and housing advocates and organizations.
Disaster Housing Recovery for Vulnerable Populations
Press/Congressional Briefing Webinar
Thursday, November 15 at 10:00 a.m. ET
Advocates working directly in disaster-impacted communities across the Carolinas, Florida, Puerto Rico, Texas, and California will report on the most pressing housing issues facing survivors today as well as actions Congress and the Trump administration can take now.
The webinar speakers are:
- Lesley Albritton, Directing Attorney of Disaster Recovery, Legal Aid of North Carolina, NC
- Samuel Gunther, Executive Director, North Carolina Housing Coalition, NC
- Leslie Powell-Boudreaux, Executive Director, North Florida Legal Services, FL
- Ilene Jacobs, Director of Litigation, Advocacy and Training, California Rural Legal Assistance, CA
- Amelia Adams, Equity Analyst, Texas Housers, TX
- Adi Martinez, Executive Director, Fundación Fondo de Acceso a la Justicia, Inc., PR
- Sarah Mickelson, Senior Director of Public Policy, National Low Income Housing Coalition
- Marion McFadden, Senior Vice President of Public Policy and Senior Advisor of Resilience, Enterprise Community Partners
- Laura Esquivel, Director of National Advocacy, Hispanic Federation
Register today and invite your congressional delegation and local media to attend!
As Congress prepares to take up a disaster supplemental funding bill during the lame duck session, we ask that you invite your senators, representatives, and local media to attend so they can hear from people directly impacted by the recent disasters.