The National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty will host a webinar on responding to the eviction crisis in the U.S., protecting renters’ rights, and preventing homelessness. The webinar will be held on Wednesday, June 15 at 2:00pm ET.
The webinar will underscore the importance of protecting renters’ rights to access and remain in affordable housing within the broader context of homelessness prevention. Panelists will discuss emerging policy around renters’ rights, including protections for renters in foreclosed properties, “just cause” eviction laws, eviction and credit history sealing and expungement. The event will provide guidance on successfully implementing renter protection laws locally.
- Tristia Bauman, National Law Center on Homelessness & Poverty
- Leah Simon-Weisberg, Tenants Together
- Jith Meganathan, Western Center on Law & Policy
- Jeremy Bergstron, Sargent Shriver National Center on Poverty Law
- Michael Santos, National Law Center on Homelessness & Poverty
Register for the free webinar at: http://bit.ly/1XaKjoF