On August 9, HUD’s Office of Public Affairs sent an email to stakeholders asking for input regarding its draft Strategic Plan 2014-2018. The deadline for input is August 16.
An outline of the draft Strategic Plan lists four goals:
- Strengthen the Nation’s Housing Market to Bolster the Economy and Protect Consumers.
- Meet the Need for Quality Affordable Rental Housing.
- Use Housing as a Platform to Improve Quality of Life.
- Build Strong, Resilient, and Inclusive Communities.
Each goal has several objectives. There are also two cross-cutting objectives:
- Increase the health and safety of homes and embed comprehensive energy efficiency and healthy housing criteria across HUD programs.
- Eliminate housing discrimination, promote economic opportunity, and achieve diverse, inclusive communities.
HUD has established an online forum on HUD Ideas in Action and is inviting the public to submit feedback. The email indicates that HUD particularly wants to know:
- Whether the Strategic Plan accurately reflects what HUD needs to accomplish in the upcoming years.
- The strategies that HUD should consider in order to reach each goal.
- The specific performance goals toward which HUD should strive.
An additional round of public feedback will be sought on the next draft of the Plan this fall.
The outline for the draft Strategic Plan is available at: http://bit.ly/17D6A08
The 2010-2015 Strategic Plan is available at: http://1.usa.gov/14tWscf
The HUD Ideas in Action online forum is available at: http://bit.ly/1cANBKO
NLIHC’s summary of the 2010-2015 Strategic Plan is at: http://bit.ly/19SZyKN