The items below present key portions of the National Housing Trust Fund law and interim regulations, broken down by topic areas.
- About the National Housing Trust Fund
- Formula for Distributing NHTF to States
- Focus on Extremely Low Income Renters
- Influencing Where the Money Goes
- Public Participation and the ConPlan
- How Can the Money Be Used in General?
- Eligible Project Costs
- Operating Cost Assistance
- Homeowner Features
- NHTF and Public Housing (PDF to come soon)
- Ineligible Activities
- Key Time Frames
- Tenant Selection and Protection
- How Is Resident Income Figured to Determine Eligibility? (PDF to come soon)
- Fair Housing Features
- Site and Neighborhood Standards
- Serving People with Disabilities
- Other Federal Regulatory Requirements (PDF to come soon)
- Accountability (PDF to come soon)
- Seeking Additional Dedicated Sources of Income for NHTF (PDF to come soon)
If you would like to print any of these pdfs, you will have better results if you download the pdfs to your desktop, open the pdf in Acrobat Reader, and print from Acrobat. To download Acrobat Reader, click here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
NHTF Implementation Videos!
Click here to view a five-part video series all about the new rules regarding implementation of the NHTF
The National Housing Trust Fund:
Getting to Know the Regulations
Originally Aired Thursday, February 5, 2015
At long last, the regulations that will govern how the National Housing Trust Fund will work have been published in the Federal Register. NLIHC will provide state and local housing advocates and providers with detailed information on what you need to know to prepare for the first NHTF dollars coming to your state in early 2016.
From NLIHC’s Memo to Members
February 2, 2015