NLIHC accepts applications for internship positions for fall (Sept-Dec), winter/spring (Jan-April/May) and summer semesters (June-August) on an ongoing basis. Interns are highly valued and fully integrated into our staff work. We seek students who are passionate about social justice issues, with excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
The available positions are:
- Policy Intern. Tracks new legislation, attends and summarizes Congressional hearings for Memo to Members, participates in visits to Congressional offices, and develops materials for use in lobbying the House and Senate to accomplish NLIHC’s policy agenda. Updates the Congressional database.
- Organizing Intern. Assists with grassroots organizing efforts for the United for Homes campaign and other legislative efforts. Assists with membership recruitment/retention efforts and internal database upkeep.
- Research Intern. Assists in ongoing quantitative and qualitative research projects, writes weekly articles on current research for Memo to Members, attends briefings, and responds to research inquiries.
- Communications/Media Intern. Prepares and distributes press materials, assists with media research and outreach for publication releases, and works on social media projects. Maintains the media database and tracks press hits.
- Graphic Design Intern. Assists with sending out e-communications using MailChimp; updating collateral print material such as brochures, flyers, factsheets and a variety of other projects using the Adobe Creative Suite. The intern will also update content on the NLIHC website and will help update the Coalition’s Social Media sites and blog. Please provide 3-5 design samples and/or link to online portfolio for consideration.
A cover letter, resume, and writing sample are required for consideration. They should be included as attachments to your email. In your cover letter, please specify the position(s) and semester for which you applying.
Interested students should send their materials to: Paul Kealey, Chief Operating Officer, National Low Income Housing Coalition, 1000 Vermont Ave, Washington, DC 20005. at email@example.com.