Check Out the New United for Homes Website!
NLIHC has launched a new United for Homes (UFH) website to advance the campaign to make modest reforms to the mortgage interest deduction (MID) that would benefit millions of lower income homeowners and generate revenue to end homelessness and housing poverty in America. The new website features important information about the campaign’s proposal, breaks down the impact of the proposal both nationally and by state, and provides resources for advocating with Members of Congress and communicating through social and traditional media. The new website provides a set of tools and strategies to engage others to join the campaign, updates on new legislation and calls to action related to the campaign, and a list of the more than 2,300 current UFH endorsers.
Check out the website at: www.unitedforhomes.org and let us know what you think.
United For Homes Resources
If you would like to print any of these pdfs, you will have better results if you download the pdfs to your desktop, open the pdf in Acrobat Reader, and print from Acrobat. To download Acrobat Reader, click here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
- The 2017 UFH Media Toolkit (PDF) is a quick guide on how to engage other partners and reporters through social and traditional media. The toolkit contains talking points, FAQs, and sample social media posts.
- "The United For Homes Solution" Flyer (PDF)
- Mortgage Interest Deduction Factsheet (PDF)
- Mortgages Over $500,000 State and County Maps (PDF)
- Mortgage Interest Deduction Lobby Day Script (PDF)
- Taxpayer Profiles:
- United For Homes Webinars
Click here if you would like to download all the PDF Resources in a .zip file.