Representative Rubén Hinojosa (D-TX) is circulating a FY14 programmatic funding request letter in support of strong funding levels for USDA Rural Housing programs. NLIHC urges its members to contact their congressional representatives and ask them to co-sign the letter.
The deadline for signing onto the letter, which is directed to House Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Chair Robert Aderholt (R-AL) and Ranking Member Sam Farr (D-CA), is April 1. For more information, please contact Holly Bullard with Mr. Hinojosa at (202) 226-8010, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The letter makes the following programmatic funding requests:
- $900 million for Section 502 Direct Loans.
- $28 million for Section 504 Home Repair Loans.
- $29.5 million for Section 504 Home Repair Grants.
- $26 million for Section 514 Farm Labor Housing Program Loans.
- $9 million for Section 516 Farm Labor Housing Program Grants.
- $64.5 million for the Section 515 Rural Rental Housing Program.
- $907 million for Section 521 Multi-Family Rental Housing Rental Assistance Program.
- $30 million for Section 523 Self-Help Housing Program.
- $3.6 million for Section 533 Rural Rental Preservation Grants.
- $150 million for Section 538 Rural Rental housing Guaranteed Loans.
- $27.8 million for the Multi-Family Housing Preservation and Revitalization Program.
- $6.2 million for the Rural Community Development Initiative.
A copy of a “Dear Colleague” letter circulated by Mr. Hinojosa with details about the request is available at http://bit.ly/175sLyE (PDF).