NLIHC and the Our Homes, Our Votes campaign are proud partners of National Voter Registration Day, a nonpartisan celebration of civic engagement that raises awareness of voter registration opportunities. In celebration of National Voter Registration Day and in preparation for upcoming elections, NLIHC encourages our members and partners to ensure they are registered to vote and participate in their communities’ nonpartisan voter registration efforts. Visit the brand-new Our Homes, Our Votes Action Center to make sure you’re #VoteReady!
Here are six ways to celebrate our democracy on National Voter Registration Day:
- Visit the Our Homes, Our Votes Action Center to register, confirm your voter registration status, and find information about elections in your community. It’s especially important to update your registration with your new address if you have recently moved.
- Once your registration is updated, send this link to at least three friends or family members—research shows that personal outreach is one of the best ways to increase voter registration rates!
- Become an official National Voter Registration Day partner to receive free stickers and posters, customized resources, and guidance for planning your National Voter Registration Day activation.
- Visit National Voter Registration Day’s website to find an in-person event taking place in your community or an online event.
- Looking to plan a voter engagement event of your own? Visit the Our Homes, Our Votes resource library for templates, toolkits, and messaging to promote your nonpartisan voter engagement activities. Reach out to [email protected] if you would like guidance to get started on event planning.
- Spread the word on social media! Use the hashtags #VoteReady and #OurHomesOurVotes and be sure to tag @OurHomesVotes. You can also use resources from National Voter Registration Day’s communications hub to amplify the celebration.