The National Fair Housing Alliance (NFHA) will hold a virtual event, “Meeting the Moment: Reversing Legacies of Exclusion and Disinvestment,” on Thursday, September 30 from 1 to 5:30 pm ET. Dr. Darrick Hamilton, Henry Cohen Professor of Economics and Urban Policy, The New School will be the keynote speaker. Following Dr. Hamilton’s presentation there will be two panel discussions. The topic of the first, from 1:40 to 3:10 pm, is “Fair Housing Implications of Zoning and Land Use Reform.”
The panelists for “Fair Housing Implications of Zoning and Land Use Reform” will be:
- Fionnuala Darby-Hudgens, Director of Operations, Connecticut Fair Housing Center
- Lydia Edwards, City Councilor, Boston, Massachusetts
- Allan Lazo, Executive Director, Fair Housing Council of Oregon
- Moderator: Thomas Silverstein, Associate Director, Fair Housing & Community Development Project, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
The second panel discussion, from 3:40- 5:25 pm, will discuss “New Approaches to Closing the Homeownership Gap.” The panelists will be:
- Nikitra Bailey, Senior Vice President of Public Policy, National Fair Housing Alliance
- Symone Crawford, Director of STASH and Homeownership Operations, Massachusetts Affordable Housing Alliance
- Glenn Schlactus, Partner, Relman Colfax PLLC
- Moderator: Lisa Rice, President and CEO, National Fair Housing Alliance
The complete agenda is here.
Register for the all-day $100 event here.