NLIHC seeks a website and graphic design specialist who will be responsible for managing NLIHC websites and electronic communications, designing print and electronic publications and materials, developing and maintaining the NLIHC brand through all external materials, and assisting with the development and execution of communications and marketing strategies.
WEBSITE & ELECTRONIC MEDIA
- Manage and maintain NLIHC’s websites, taking into account functionality, appearance, content, and performance.
- Design and post materials, including Memo to Members and Partners e-newsletter; design and maintain topical areas of the websites; ensure the accuracy, relevance, and timeliness of all posted materials; make recommendations for revisions and reorganization.
- Work closely with team leads to ensure accuracy and relevance of material on website.
- Assist with design and distribution of mass e-communications. Manage use of Mailchimp, and other mass e-communication platforms.
- Execute design and production of all print and electronic materials, graphics, and reports; collaborate with other teams in design process.
- Assist with the planning and distribution of publications and materials; manage the process as necessary.
- Track and analyze communications metrics for website(s), Memo to Members and Partners, and webinars; prepare reports as necessary.
- Provide graphic support to comms team lead responsible for managing and expanding the Coalition’s social media platforms and utilizing new social networking tools, including webinars and videos.
- Assist in the development and execution of the event marketing assets and strategies.
- Design and produce all print and electronic materials related to events, including awards, giveaways, signage, and any other presentation elements.
- Design and assist with management of online content related to the events and registration.
- Manage the photography for the event and other communications elements as needed.
- Attend all meetings of the Board of Directors and Board committees, as needed.
- Participate in staff meetings, retreats, trainings, and all Coalition events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements To perform successfully in this role, incumbent should possess skills identified below:
- At least 2 years of experience with digital strategy and website development.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in creative design.
- Training in communications, marketing, and/or website and graphic design.
- Must be able to organize, multi-task, and prioritize multiple projects at a time.
- A Bachelor's degree is required
To perform successfully in this role, incumbent should possess skills identified below:
- Strong knowledge of graphic designing, layout, and creative visual elements
- Experience working in Drupal and WordPress
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Advanced HTML and CSS skills
- Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Recommended but not required: Proficient video editing with Premiere Pro and/or After Effects
Compensation and Benefits: An equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, NLIHC offers a competitive salary and benefits package. This is a full-time position located in Washington, DC, though candidates residing outside the DC area may be considered and telework is being implemented during the pandemic.
Job Application Process: Send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio link or attachments of graphic design samples to: Bairy Diakite, Operations Manager, NLIHC, 1000 Vermont Avenue, NW, Suite 500, Washington, D.C. 20005 or via email at [email protected]. The cover letter should describe the candidate’s interest in and relevant experiences for the position and include salary requirements and the names and contact information for at least three people serving as candidate references (NLIHC will not contact references before consulting with the candidate).