The Opportunity Starts at Home multi-sector affordable housing campaign will be hosting an informational session on Thursday, May 10 from 3:00-5:00 pm ET at the 20 F Street NW Conference Center in Washington DC. This session is open to individuals and organizations interested in learning more about the campaign’s progress, short- and long-term plans, policy goals, and ways to get involved.
Campaign staff and leaders from the campaign’s Steering Committee will share insights on why they joined the campaign and why it is necessary to broaden the affordable housing movement to other sectors like education, health care, civil rights, economic mobility, and more.
Speakers and panelists include:
- Diane Yentel, NLIHC president and CEO
- Mike Koprowski, Opportunity Starts at Home national campaign director
- Marvin Owens, Jr., NAACP economic department senior director
- Richard Hooks Wayman, Children's Defense Fund national executive director
- Nan Roman, National Alliance to End Homelessness president and CEO
- Harry Lawson, National Education Association director of human and civil rights
- Alice Dembner, Community Catalyst director of the Substance Use Disorders Project
This is a free event to attend, but only a limited number of seats remain. To register, please visit: https://bit.ly/2JRIrxh