Register today for an Opportunity Starts at Home multi-sector affordable homes campaign event, “Broadening the Movement: Housing as a National Priority in 2020,” at the National Press Club in Washington DC on January 16 from 1:00-2:30 p.m. ET. The event will feature CEOs and other leaders from the National League of Cities, the National Women’s Law Center, JustLeadershipUSA, Catholic Charities, Children’s Healthwatch and NLIHC.
The early months of 2020 will be pivotal for shaping the national policy agenda, as voters begin heading to the polls to choose the Democratic presidential nominee and the president prepares to give his annual State of the Union Address and to unveil his 2021 federal budget proposal. Safe, decent, accessible, and affordable housing must be made a top national priority; powerful new constituencies are mobilizing to make it so and the public is demanding elected officials enact bold solutions.
The event will feature the following leaders from the Opportunity Starts at Home campaign’s multi-sector Steering Committee:
- Clarence E. Anthony, CEO and executive director, National League of Cities
- Fatima Goss Graves, president and CEO, National Women’s Law Center
- DeAnna Hoskins, president and CEO, JustLeadershipUSA
- Sister Donna Markham, president and CEO, Catholic Charities USA
- Dr. Megan Sandel, MD MPH, principal investigator with Children’s HealthWatch and associate professor of pediatrics at Boston University
- Diane Yentel, president and CEO, National Low Income Housing Coalition
- Mike Koprowski, national director, Opportunity Starts at Home Campaign
The event is free and open to the public; register today. Also, please spread the word about the event invitation to your respective networks. Learn more about the event and register at: https://bit.ly/2Mk6GIv