Register today! Join a webinar to learn more about President Trump’s budget request that proposes massive cuts to affordable housing
Housing benefits are under attack.
President Donald Trump’s FY19 budget request slashes federal housing benefits that help millions of low income seniors, people with disabilities, families with children, low-wage workers, veterans, and other vulnerable people afford their homes. The proposal includes severe funding cuts that would leave even more low income people without a stable home, undermining their ability to live with dignity and climb the economic ladder to achieve financial security.
NLIHC and other leaders of the Campaign for Housing and Community Development Funding (CHCDF) invite you to learn more about President Trump’s budget request for FY19. Learn more about how you can help defeat these budget cuts.
The webinar will be held on February 20 at 3 pm ET.
- Linda Couch, LeadingAge
- Douglas Rice, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Joey Lindstrom, National Low Income Housing Coalition
- Elayne Weiss, National Low Income Housing Coalition (moderator)
Action you can take today
Members of Congress need to hear from you! Here are two steps you can take now:
- Sign two national letters urging Congress to reject the president’s harmful proposals. Please share these letters and encourage organizations in your network to sign on by March 16. One letter – READ AND SIGN HERE – urges Congress to provide the highest level of funding possible for affordable housing and community development programs. The other letter – READ AND SIGN HERE – asks Congress to oppose any proposals that would cut housing benefits by increasing rents and imposing work requirements.
- Call your members of Congress and urge them to SUPPORT full funding for affordable housing programs and OPPOSE any proposals that increase rents and impose arbitrary, administratively burdensome and wasteful work requirements on federal housing assistance programs.
Questions/Comments? Please email: email@example.com