Registration is open for NLIHC’s introductory Our Homes, Our Votes webinar on nonpartisan voter registration, education, and mobilization on July 17 at 3:00 pm ET. This first session will provide an overview of why it is essential for housing organizations to be involved, tips for getting buy-in from your board, resources for planning, legal considerations, and considerations specific to faith-based organizations. Register for the webinar at: https://bit.ly/2KooyTi
NLIHC is conducting a series of six webinars in July and August that will provide information, tools and strategies to help organizations and leaders engage more low income renters in the upcoming 2018 elections and beyond. The Our Homes, Our Votes webinar series will provide key strategies and tools for nonpartisan voter registration, education, and mobilization, as well as candidate engagement. The Our Homes, Our Votes project seeks to have candidates for office address issues of homelessness and affordable housing and commit to real solutions.
The webinars will occur every Tuesday at 3:00 pm ET beginning on July 17. The full list of webinar topics:
- Our Homes, Our Votes: An Introduction, and an Exploration of Legal Considerations, Tuesday, July 17
- Building the Base: Voter Registration of Low Income Renters and Their Allies, Tuesday, July 24
- The Importance of Voter Lists! A Key Tool for Successful Mobilization, Tuesday, July 31
- An Informed Debate: Effectively Engaging Candidates while Remaining Non-Partisan, Tuesday, August 7
- “I Vote for More Affordable Homes!” Educating Voters Before Election Day, Tuesday, August 14
- Voter Mobilization: Getting Out the Vote, Tuesday, August 21
Through Our Homes, Our Votes, advocates and residents across the country will engage in the electoral process so that all candidates for elected office at every level—federal, state, and local—know that affordable housing is a critical issue they must address to earn our votes.
Housing is built with ballots!
Register once for all webinars and receive reminders for future webinars at: https://bit.ly/2KooyTi