For those who were unable to attend the NLIHC 2017 Housing Policy Forum: Advancing Solutions in a Changing Landscape in Washington, DC on April 3-5, video recordings of all the plenary sessions are now available online at: http://www.nlihcforum.org/forum-videos
The following video-recorded sessions now available for viewing (with either transcripts or open-captioning for the hearing-impaired):
- “Best Practices for Advocacy and Organizing in Campaigns for Expanded Resources” (with transcript), featuring Michael Anderson from the Center for Community Change, Phyllis Chamberlain of Housing Alliance Pennsylvania, Fredricka Robinson of East Bay Housing Organizations, Greg Payne of the Maine Affordable Housing Coalition, and Joey Lindstrom from NLIHC.
- “Getting the Message Across: Effective Communications” (with transcript), featuring Ali Solis from Make Room, Amy Clark from the National Housing Conference, Tiffany Manuel from Enterprise Community Partners, and Renee Willis from NLIHC.
- “Keynote by Julie Fernandez, Open Society Foundation Advocacy Director for Voting Rights and Democracy” (with transcript).
- “Affordable Housing Needs and Solutions” (with open-captioning), featuring NLIHC President and CEO Diane Yentel.
- “Rebalancing Federal Housing Policy” (with transcript), featuring Carol Wayman, legislative director for Representative Keith Ellison (D-MN), David Newville from CFED, Agatha So from the National Council of La Raza, Sharon Cornu from the Nonprofit Housing Association of Northern California, and Sarah Mickelson from NLIHC.
- “Public Housing in a Changing Landscape” (with transcript), featuring Susan Popkin from the Urban Institute; David Pristin from the New York City Housing Authority; Shauna Sorrells from the Housing Opportunities Commission of Montgomery County, MD; Martha Weatherspoon from the Lincoln Home Resident Council in Clarksville, TN; and Paul Kealey from NLIHC.
- “Presentation of NLIHC Organizer Awards” (with transcript), featuring Dora Gallo from A Community of Friends, Avni Desai from Community Housing Partnership, Sharon Cornu from the Non-Profit Housing Association of California, and Adlemy Garcia and Fredricka Robinson from East Bay Housing Organizations.
- “Keynote by HUD Secretary Dr. Ben Carson” (with open-captioning).
- “Long-Term Rental Housing Assistance: Opportunities and Challenges” (with transcript), featuring Dr. Marybeth Shinn from Vanderbilt University, Daisy Franklin from the Connecticut Publicly-Assisted Housing Residents Network, Barbara Sard from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, Aaron Gornstein from Preservation of Affordable Housing, and Andrew Aurand from NLIHC.
- “National Housing Trust Fund Implementation Best Practices” (with transcript) featuring Virginia Sardone from HUD, Ayana Gonzalez from the Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development, Chip Halbach from the Minnesota Housing Partnership, Jim Yates from the Technical Assistance Collaborative, and Ed Gramlich from NLIHC
- “Hill Insider Panel: What’s Ahead in the 115th Congress” (with transcript), featuring Artie Mandel, senior policy advisor with Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA); Jason Woolwine, professional staff with Chairwoman Susan Collins (R-ME) on the Appropriations Committee; Beth Cooper from the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs; Clinton Jones III and Theresa Dumais from the House Committee on Financial Services; and Sarah Mickelson from NLIHC.
- “Building an Expansive Housing Movement” (with transcript), featuring Peggy Bailey from the Center on Budget and Policy Policies, Harry Lawson, Jr. from the National Education Association, Richard Hooks Wayman from Children’s Defense Fund, Nan Roman from the National Alliance to End Homelessness, Margaret diZerega from the Vera Institute of Justice, and Diane Yentel from NLIHC.
- “Keynote with U.S. Representative Maxine Waters (D-CA)” (with open-captioning).
The video-recorded sessions and transcripts are at: http://www.nlihcforum.org/forum-videos