HUD’s Office of Community Planning and Development (CPD) issued a memorandum on December 29, 2020 updating seven waivers pertaining to the Continuum of Care (CoC) program in the context of COVID-19. In short, the period of applicability of waivers previously made on March 31 (see Memo, 4/6/20), May 22 (see Memo, 6/1/20), and September 30 (see Memo, 10/13/20) are extended to March 31, 2021.
The regulations affected by the seven waiver extensions include:
- Third-Party Documentation of Income
- Housing Quality Standards, Initial Inspection of Unit
- Suitable Dwelling Size and Housing Quality Standards
- Assistance Available at Time of Renewal
- Permanent Housing, Rapid Re-housing Monthly Case Management
- Fair Market Rent for Individual Units and Leasing Costs
- One-Year Lease Requirement
The memorandum is at: https://bit.ly/35kaBOP
More information about CoC is on page 4-82 of NLIHC’s 2020 Advocates’ Guide.