The Proposed January 14, 2020 AFFH Rule
The Fight for Housing Justice microsite: www.FightForHousingJustice.org
NLIHC two-page summary is here
NLIHC eight-page summary is here
NLIHC thirty-page summary and analysis is here
Statement from Diane Yentel, NLIHC president and CEO is here
The Advanced Notice of Proposed Rule Making, August 16, 2018
NLIHC’s comprehensive assessment of the ANPR, available here.
NLIHC’s comment letter is here.
The Suspension of the 2015 Final AFFH Rule, January 5, 2018
NLIHC comment letter regarding suspension is here
NLIHC Outline of Final AFFH Rule
NLIHC has an outline of key features of the 2015 final Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) rule. NLIHC’s 20-page outline covers essential topics such as the five components of an AFH, the linkage between the AFH and the Consolidated Plan (ConPlan), and the public participation requirements. The outline is here.
Additional NLIHC Resource Documents & Links
- Advocacy Opportunities with the New AFFH Rule: Slides from NLIHC Policy Forum, April 4, 2016
- NLIHC Preliminary Overview of Final AFFH Rule (July 13, 2015)
- NLIHC Memo to Members Article (July 13, 2015)
- NLIHC Press Release (July 8, 2015)
- NLIHC Outline of the AI Process (Because the Trump administration has indefinitely suspended implementation of the AFFH rule, jurisdictions and PHAs must use the ineffective AI process.)
- NLIHC Advocates' Guide