I am looking for housing that is affordable. Who can help me? 

As a policy advocacy organization, NLIHC is not able to provide direct assistance to people looking for affordable housing. However, there are places you can look for help.

Every Member of Congress has a staff member whose job it is to assist the people they represent; that is, their constituents with issues such as the ones you are facing. This person should know the local community and how you can best go about finding the services you need. To find your Member of Congress, click on the "Contact Congress" link on the right side of this page. This will take you to a page where you can enter your zipcode and then it will provide you with a list of lawmakers. Scroll down to where it shows your local Representatives, and simply click on his or her name.  A new page will appear that will provide you with information on your Representative including the numbers of additional district offices; call the one that is nearest to you. Ask for the person who handles constituent services. Explain your situation, and ask for suggestions on how to best access affordable housing in your district. The constituent caseworker should be able to point you in the right direction or suggest resources in your area.