Be sure to attend “Broadening the Movement: Housing as a National Priority in 2020,” an Opportunity Starts at Home multi-sector affordable homes campaign event at the National Press Club in Washington DC on January 16 from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. ET. The event will feature CEOs and other leaders from the National League of Cities, the National Women’s Law Center, JustLeadershipUSA, Catholic Charities, Children’s Healthwatch, and NLIHC.
Safe, decent, accessible, and affordable housing must be made a top national priority in 2020, as voters go to the polls to choose presidential nominees and the next president and decisions are made about 2021 investment priorities. Powerful new constituencies are mobilizing to call for bold solutions to housing poverty and homelessness in America.
The event will feature the following leaders from the Opportunity Starts at Home campaign’s multi-sector Steering Committee:
- Clarence E. Anthony, CEO and executive director, National League of Cities
- Fatima Goss Graves, president and CEO, National Women’s Law Center
- DeAnna Hoskins, president and CEO, JustLeadershipUSA
- Sister Donna Markham, president and CEO, Catholic Charities USA
- Dr. Megan Sandel, MD MPH, principal investigator with Children’s HealthWatch and associate professor of pediatrics at Boston University
- Diane Yentel, president and CEO, National Low Income Housing Coalition
- Mike Koprowski, national director, Opportunity Starts at Home Campaign
The event is free and open to the public; register today.