The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) announced on August 23 that it will establish a Federal Advisory Committee on Affordable, Equitable, and Sustainable Housing. The new committee will provide advice and input regarding affordable, equitable, and sustainable housing needs with a focus on access and providing a reliable source of liquidity and funding to support housing finance through FHFA’s regulated entities Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the Federal Home Loan Banks.
FHFA will seek applications and nominations for members with experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Fair housing, fair lending, or civil rights.
- Single-family lending, servicing, development, mortgages, or capital markets.
- Multifamily lending, servicing, development, mortgages, capital markets, or investments (i.e., Low-Income Housing Tax Credits).
- Consumer, tenant, or community advocacy.
- Market technology.
- State, local, or tribal government housing policies and programs.
- Academic or non-academic affiliated housing research.
Read the announcement at: https://tinyurl.com/yc65v2uf