HUD has informed NLIHC about how residents and advocates can register to attend one of the four remaining listening sessions HUD is conducting to gather input about a pilot program to test new approaches to Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) inspections (see Memo, 2/25). A media release on February 20 indicated the public and stakeholders would be invited, but it was not clear how. After NLIHC did not observe any general notification to the public and did not find opportunities to register on the REAC homepage, NLIHC wrote to HUD. On the evening of March 6, HUD responded with instructions on how to register.
The first listening session took place on February 21 (see Memo, 3/4). The remaining sessions will be held in Fort Worth (March 19), Detroit (March 26), Seattle (March 28), and Atlanta (April 4). There will be separate morning and afternoon sessions. According to the links HUD provided to NLHC, both March 26 sessions are full, and both March 19 sessions have a wait list.
Here is the information HUD sent to NLIHC:
- February 21, Region III: completed
- March 19, Region VI, at the Fort Worth regional office: https://bit.ly/2EJb4Mj
- March 26, Region V, at a Detroit hotel conference room: https://bit.ly/2tT95QB
- March 28, Region X, at the Seattle regional office:
- April 4, Region IV, at the Atlanta regional office: https://bit.ly/2H30GTr