The Opportunity Starts at Home multisector affordable homes campaign on May 18 hosted the first of a three-part webinar series, entitled “Building Multi-Sector Partnerships to Advance Housing Policy.” More than 350 advocates attended the event. The webinar featured leaders from the climate, health, and education sectors discussing their participation in the campaign, the benefits and challenges of building cross-sector partnerships and engaging other advocates in their fields to advance affordable housing policy.
- Nan Roman, president and CEO, National Alliance to End Homelessness
- Khalil Shahyd, senior policy advisor, Equity Environment and Just Communities, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Makeda Harris, senior policy analyst, National Education Association
- Dr. Janna Gewirtz O'Brien, MD, FAAP, University of Minnesota, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Chantelle Wilkinson, campaign manager, Opportunity Starts at Home
Over the course this webinar series, we will explore the opportunities, challenges, and best practices of building multi-sector coalitions to advance policy, featuring speakers from leading national and state organizations from many fields of work.
Watch the recording here.
For more information on the series, sign up for the campaign’s newsletter here.