Partners from the Framework for an Equitable COVID-19 Homelessness Response released a new resource on addressing child and family homelessness. The resource, developed in consultation with experts who have the lived experience of homelessness, can be replicated, adapted, and scaled to meet community needs and capacity.
The brief spotlights nine programs from around the country that have leveraged lessons learned throughout the pandemic to reimagine their crisis response systems using a racial justice and equity focus. The brief provides guidance for how other communities can adapt their crisis response system to ensure they:
- Have the capacity to serve all families
- Center equity and culture throughout planning and programming
- Utilize hotels, vouchers, and master-lease units strategically and effectively
- Implement system-wide homelessness diversion strategies
- Connect sheltering to rehousing assistance
- Embed homelessness assistance within broader community services and support systems
The Framework team released accompanying videos to complement the guidance provided in the brief.
View the new resources at: tinyurl.com/5hv58cyr
Access Framework resources at: housingequityframework.org/