NLIHC seeks a creative services specialist/manager who will be responsible for designing all of NLIHC’s print and electronic publications (e.g., Memo to Members and Partners weekly e-newsletter, The Advocates Guide, etc.), research reports (The Gap: A Shortage of Affordable Homes, Out of Reach, etc.), and other materials; managing NLIHC websites and electronic communications; developing and maintaining the NLIHC brand through all external materials; and assisting with the development and execution of communications and marketing strategies.
The creative services specialist/manager will collaborate with other teams in the design process and will have ultimate responsibility for designing and producing all print and electronic materials, graphics, and reports. S/he will hold primary responsibility for updating and maintaining all NLIHC websites and microsites, as well as for tracking and analyzing communications metrics, including web activity and Memo to Members and Partners. The specialist/manager will assist in the development and execution of the event marketing strategies and will design the visual themes to be used throughout all event materials and presentations. S/he will recruit and supervise (with another staff member) the communications and graphic design interns (one each semester).
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, graphic design, or related field
- Strong graphic design experience using Creative Cloud software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Some knowledge of coding CSS/HTML preferred
- Some knowledge of/experience with Drupal preferred
- Some knowledge of/experience with video-production software preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and customer-service skills
- Highly organized and detail-orientated; ability to deal with a high-paced environment with multiple projects happening simultaneously
- Ability to write clearly
- Strong commitment to social justice and NLIHC’s mission
An equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, NLIHC offers a competitive salary and benefits package. This is a full-time position located in Washington, DC.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter (with salary requirement), resume, and some graphic-design samples (examples of publications, links to online content, etc.) to Paul Kealey, COO, and Renee Willis, VP for Field and Communications, at: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org