Opportunity Starts at Home, a new national multi-sector housing campaign bringing together new voices to meet the housing needs of the lowest income people in American, will launch its monthly e-newsletter on May 1. Through this newsletter, the campaign will share its recent progress, latest research and best practices, upcoming and current events, featured materials and videos, calls to action, and much more. Sign up today for the monthly e-newsletter here!
Check out the latest articles written by our multi-sector partners about how housing is inextricably linked to their own goals and missions:
- A joint op-ed by Derrick Johnson, president and CEO of the NAACP, and Diane Yentel, president and CEO of NLIHC: The Fierce Urgency of Fair and Affordable Homes
- An article by Marian Wright Edelman, president of the Children’s Defense Fund: Child Opportunity and Stability Starts at Home
- An article by Dr. Megan Sandel, principal investigator of Children’s HealthWatch: A Stable, Affordable Home is a Prescription for Good Health
- A blog post written by UnidosUS: Opportunities for Latino Families Start at Home
- An article by Jim Weill, president of the Food Research and Action Center: FRAC Chat: Opportunity Starts at Home
Be sure to follow the campaign on Twitter: @OppStartsatHome #OpportunityStartsatHome